Clarksburg, Ontario - Canada
$19.00 hourly, 42.5 hours per week.
- Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit and reinforce joints. Cut timber to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
- Help to trim excess material from work pieces
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Apply varnish, veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools including power saws, jointers, mortisers, molders, or shapers to cut, shape and form part and components
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
- Help to perform some rough and finish carpentry to company’s standard of quality, according to the plans and specifications
- Measure and mark dimensions of part on paper or lumber stock prior to cutting, following blueprints, to ensure a tight fit and quality product.
- Measure materials to mark reference points, cutting lines, or other indicators.
- Attach part or subassemblies together to form completed units, using glue, dowels, nails, screws or clamps.
- Install hardware, such as hinges, handles, catches, or drawer pulls, using hand tools.
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of work experience in cabinetmaking is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required.
-Familiarity with heritage methods and techniques is an asset.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Manual dexterity.
-Personal suitability: Ability to interact well with team members, effective interpersonal skills.
Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
The hours of operation are 8:00am to 5:00pm. If there is a deadline to meet, it is expected that employees either start earlier or finish later. Overtime work might be required on weekends.
Various locations within Ottawa and Gatineau
$15.00 - $16.00 Hourly, 40.00 - 44.00 Hours per week.
- Operate cleaning machines
- Clean building exterior (only siding)
- Wash and clean interior and exterior windows and other glass surfaces
- Occasional vacuum of floors
- Provide customer service
- Clean interior and exterior of work vehicle
- Help to remove, clean and re- install eavesthroughs
- Education: Completion of high school
- Experience is an asset
- Physically demanding and must be able to work ar heights
Fuel allowance, bonuses, accommodation available at a discounted rate, transportation costs covered if worker is willing to relocate.
Various locations throughout Georgian Bay/Muskoka, ON.
$25.00 to $27.00 per hour, 40-50 Hours per week.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings, cabinets and hardware
- Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants and other establishments
- Install insulation, vapor barrier and trim.
- Apply drywall.
-Education: Completion of high school
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required.
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Handling heavy loads, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Physically demanding
-Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Transportation (from the business location to working places). Also, transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
-This position will require working 8 hours minimum per day, from Monday to Friday from 8AM to 5:00 PM with 30 minutes of paid lunch and one 15-minute paid break. Overtime/Weekends/On-call work may be required depending on the weather conditions.
Various locations throughout Georgian Bay/Muskoka, ON.
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install, repair or replace shingle-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms.
- Education: Completion of high school
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have atleast 2 years of experience, then a post-secondary education certificate OR completion of atwo-to three-year apprenticeship program is required.
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads,Bending, crouching, kneeling, Repetitive tasks, Hand-eye co-ordination
We provide uniforms and transportation (from the business location to working places). Transportation costs are covered if the worker needs to relocate.
Work schedule is from Monday to Friday from 7am to 5pm, 40 to 55 hours per week. Overtime/Weekends work may be required depending on the weather conditions. This position entails working 10 to 12 hours daily during summer.
Off-Road journeyman heavy-duty equipment mechanic
Various locations – in Alberta - Full Time– Permanent Position
Base Rate of CAD $43.33 per hour + Vacation Pay + Premiums+ collective agreement benefits salary up to CAD $ 54.84
- Provide technical diagnosis and perform maintenance on various makes and models of large mining equipment
- Perform equipment maintenance according to standards, procedures and practices set out by industry
- Report all incidents, damage and near misses immediately
- Instruct and coach apprentices
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Operate a mechanic’s truck safely in a mine environment, ensuring the destination is reached following mine driving rules
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical issues on haul trucks, graders, excavators, shovels and dozers
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Have the Trade Certification as a Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic AND/OR
- Have at least between 5 years of experience working as a Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic and be able to prove that you have worked 6750 hours in this trade
- Knowledge troubleshooting/repairing CAT 777, 789, 793D Haul Trucks, CAT 24M, 24H Graders, CAT D10T, D11T Dozers, Komatsu 930E, 930E Haul Trucks, Komatsu 375, 475 Dozers is required
- Driver's license is required
- Speak English and be able to provide proof of English.
- Disability and extended medical insurance, help with accommodation on camp site, transportation and other incentives
Day shift, night shifts, 14 days on- 14days off on Holidays and overtime may be required.
14 (7 days, 7 nights) on, 7 off. Shift of 12 hours per day and 30 minutes unpaid lunch break
Asphalt Spreader Operator
Work involves multiple locations within the Greater Vancouver Regional District - Full time- Permanent
$30.65 per hour plus benefits, 40-55 Hours per week
- Place, spread and rake hot mix asphalt pavement to grade and specifications making ready for compaction phase
- Spread and level gravel, sand and soil to final grade specifications prior to placing asphalt
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Assist heavy equipment operators when required
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction
- Some secondary school education is preferred but not mandatory
- Minimum 1 year, equivalent to 1600 hours of hand on experience are required to comply with ITA BC requirements
- Valid driver’s licence is required
- Weight handling: up to 23kg (50 lbs)
- Candidate should be proficient with this type of machinery: Paving Equipment
According to the collective agreement, workers get benefits such as health, welfare & pension; holiday pay and metro travel. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Work schedule: Depending on the contract requirements, most work is completed from 6am-5pm Monday
- Friday. In addition, there are approximately 8-10 Saturday day shifts required annually and 1-2 weeks annually of night shift work.
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: fast-paced environment, repetitive tasks, physically demanding and overtime required
- Work site environment: Very noisy environment, strong odours, hard work.
Multiple locations - Work sites are at homes, farms and industrial/commercial buildings across Southern Ontario but primarily in the areas from Niagara in the east to London in the west, Barrie to the north and Lake Erie to the south - Full time - Permanent
$16.85 (Regular wage) to $17.85 (Agricultural contract wage) Hourly – As per Collective Agreement, 40.00 hours per week
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used. Set up equipment for either blowing or spraying
- Load, unload and transport construction materials.
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Clean up chemical spills and pile salvaged materials prior to leaving the work site
- Drive trucks to customer site
- Prepare site for either spraying or blowing insulation.
- Apply insulation to proper specification
- Remove equipment and return to proper location in truck.
- Return to office and file job report.
- No specific education is required but should be literate and high school graduation would be an asset.
- Experience is an asset but not mandatory. Training in both operations and safety will be provided.
- Weigh Handling: Up to 23kg (50 lbs)
- Work can be physically demanding
- Work can be in hot conditions in attics
- Work can be in tight conditions in attics
- DZ Licence is an asset
Extended Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Pension Plan, Uniforms and Transportation.
Work schedule is from Monday to Friday from 7.00 am to 4.00 pm. Occasional weekend work. Some flexibility required to accommodate project schedules.
Various locations in Nanaimo BC
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Dust furniture
- Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture
- Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Disinfect operating rooms and other areas
- Clean and disinfect elevators
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers
- Wash windows, walls and ceilings
- Perform general cleaning duties (i.e. sweeping, mopping floors)
Education and Experience: not required
Schedule:40 hours per week. Work Schedule is from 5pm to 1:30am. Days off are set on a rotational basis. Flexibility on schedule is required Work will be performed in 6 to 8 locations per night. This job is physically demanding
Monthly performance bonus based on reviews
Transportation available to and from work locations and employees’ places of residence
Relocation costs covered by the employer
Various locations throughout Ontario
$20.00 to $22.00 per hour, 40-50 hours per week
- Load and unload and transport construction materials.
- Assist in building roofs.
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment.
- Assist in removing old roofs and installing new roof systems
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction such as air compressors, reciprocating saws, air guns, nail guns and drills.
- Assist in installing, repairing or replacing single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install sheet metal flashings.
- Assist in applying waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Set up safety equipment
- Move material
- Discard garbage
- Education: Education is not required
- Experience: Experience in the trade or general construction experience is a strong asset. - - On-the-job training is provided.
We provide disability, dental, extended medical and life insurance coverage as part of our standard benefits for workers. We also offer clothing, pension plan benefits and bonuses depending on the worker’s performance.
Important Information: This position requires working 40 to 50 hours per week, from Monday to Friday. Our business is weather dependent. Most common work schedule is from 6am to 5pm with 30 minutes of unpaid lunch and 2 paid breaks of 15 min. Flexibility on schedule is required. Saturdays/overtime may be required depending on the weather conditions and projects schedules.