Various locations – in Alberta - Full Time – Permanent Position
Base Rate of CAD $43.33 per hour + Vacation Pay + Premiums+ collective agreement benefits salary up to CAD $ 54.84
- Provide technical diagnosis and perform maintenance on various makes and models of large mining equipment.
- Perform equipment maintenance according to standards, procedures and practices set out by industry.
- Report all incidents, damage and near misses immediately.
- Instruct and coach apprentices.
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation.
- Operate a mechanic’s truck safely in a mine environment, ensuring the destination is reached following mine driving rules.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical issues on haul trucks, graders, excavators, shovels and dozers.
Major Work Area
Mine maintenance field
- Completion of high school is required
- Have the Trade Certification as a Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic AND/OR
- Have at least between 5 years of experience working as a Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic and be able to prove that you have worked 6750 hours in this trade
- Knowledge troubleshooting/repairing CAT 777, 789, 793D Haul Trucks, CAT 24M, 24H Graders, CAT D10T, D11T Dozers, Komatsu 930E, 930E Haul Trucks, Komatsu 375, 475 - -
- Dozers is required
- Driver's license is required
- Speak English and be able to provide proof of English.
Disability and extended medical insurance, help with accommodation on camp site, transportation and other incentives
- Day shift, night shifts, 14 days on- 14days off on Holidays and overtime may be required.
- 14 (7 days, 7 nights) on, 7 off. Shift of 12 hours per day and 30 minutes unpaid lunch break