Work involves multiple locations within the Greater Vancouver Regional District
$30.65 per hour plus benefits, 40-55 Hours per week
- Place, spread and rake hot mix asphalt pavement to grade and specifications making ready for compaction phase
- Spread and level gravel, sand and soil to final grade specifications prior to placing asphalt
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Assist heavy equipment operators when required
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
-Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction
- Some secondary school education is preferred but not mandatory
- Minimum 1 year, equivalent to 1600 hours of hand on experience are required to comply with ITA BC requirements
- Valid driver’s licence is required
- Weight handling: up to 23kg (50 lbs)
- Candidate should be proficient with this type of machinery: Paving Equipment
According to the collective agreement, workers get benefits such as health, welfare & pension; holiday pay and metro travel. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
- Depending on the contract requirements, most work is completed from 6am-5pm Monday Friday.
- In addition, there are approximately 8-10 Saturday day shifts required annually and 1-2 weeks annually of night shift work.
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: fast-paced environment, repetitive tasks, physically demanding and overtime required
- Work site environment: Very noisy environment, strong odours, hard work.